1. Discuss the goal of supply chain & explain the impact of supply chain decision on the success of a firm.
2. Identify the three key supply chain decision phases and explain the significance of each one.
3. Describe the cycle and push/pull views of a supply chain.
4. Classify the supply chain macro processes in a firm.
1. Identify the key factors to be considered when designing a distribution network.
2. Understands how e-business has affected the design of distribution networks in different industry
3. Develop a framework for making supply chain network design and decisions.
1. Balance the appropriate costs to choose the optimal amount of cycle inventory in a supply chain.
2. Identify factors that influence the required level of safety inventory.
3. Use managerial levers that improve supply chain profitability through optimal service level.
1. Explain why achieving strategic fit is critical to a company’s overall success.
2. Discuss the importance of expanding the scope of strategic fit across the supply chain.
3. Identify the components of a demand forecast
4. Analyse demand forecast to estimate forecast error.
1. Describe supply chain coordination, the bullwhip effect, and their impact on supply chain performance.
2. Identify obstacles to coordination in a supply chain
3. Discuss managerial levels that help achieve coordination in a supply chain.
1. Describe actions that facilitate the building of strategic partnerships and trust within a supply chain.
2. Understands the role of sourcing in a supply chain.
3. Discuss factors that affect the decision to outsource a supply chain function.
4. Structure successful auctions & negotiations
1. Define uncertainties that are particularly relevant when designing global supply chains.
2. Explain different strategies that may be used to mitigate risk in global supply chains.
3. Analyse global supply chain network design decisions in an uncertain environment.
1. Define Customer focused marketing.
2. Understands the role of Customer. service and customer satisfaction in Supply Chain Management.
3. Evaluate Customer success and value added service and developing customer accommodation strategy.
1. Understand the importance of information and information technology in supply chain.
2. Know at a high level how each supply chain driver uses information.
3. Understand the major applications of supply chain information technology and the processes that they enable.
About this Course
Written by fellow Instructor, this course guides you through the major issues in Supply Chain Management. The engaging interactive lessons cover topics ranging from a general introduction to supply chain management and more. Contact our Instructor with any learning questions.
The major issues in Supply Chain Management, including definition of a supply chain, role of inventory, advanced production-inventory models, supply contracts, bullwhip effect and information sharing, vendor-managed inventories and other distribution strategies, third-party logistics providers, managing product variety, information technology, SCM and international business.
How it Works
Through video and interactive easy-to-understand lessons, this course will cover specific topics you may encounter as you work on through your own learning. Each lesson and its corresponding activities can also be accessed on any mobile device, at any time.
This course includes:
How to Pass
You have to complete all the learning activities and assignments, and sit for the online final examination. Assessments will be given to evaluate whether you have achieved the Course Learning Outcomes. You are able to download with a Certificate of Completion upon finishing all the learning materials. Certificate of Achievement is also available to be download upon passing all the assessments. The examination will be conducted at a scheduled time and date.
Earning and transferring credit to the Master of Business Administration under School of Management at AeU.
*Applicants must fulfill the standard entry requirements and course credit transfer eligibility criteria for each programmes.
|1 - Demonstrate the theories and framework of SCM.
|2 - Identify various performance metrics of SCM.
|3 - Match supply and demand in an uncertain business environment.
|4 - Evaluate the value of partnerships and strategic alliances in SCM
- Ph.D. in Education, Asia e University (AeU), 2014
- Master of Commerce (Management), University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia, 1992
- Postgraduate Certificate
in Learning and Teaching in Higher